Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Journal

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lacto-Ovo Vegetarianism - Day 1

Today was my first day of going veggie. I am curious to see how it feels and thought I would try on 3 days at first and see what happens. It will certainly not be a lifestyle change but perhaps a plateau breaker. So, day 1 here is what I ate.

Breakfast:

Coffee
Fried Egg on 1/2 of an Asiago Bagel

Lunch:

Spinach and Mozz stuffed bread
Potato and Carrot soup
Beer

Dinner
Veggie Burger made with Chickpeas
Beer

I guess the real question isn't whether or not I was able to stay veggie but if I set out to do what I was trying to do. The answer is no, not really. I am looking to eat healthy. I made two major mistakes. The first is that I did not eat near enough calories today. My body needs 2800 calories just to maintain its weight. I might have taken in 1000 today if I am lucky, that is terrible. The second is obviously beer, and plenty of it. I had probably 3.5 beers today. I should limit that to 1, maybe 2. I will try to do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment